The Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center of Catawba County exists to build a community dedicated to the prevention of and the coordinated response to child abuse and neglect.
It is never comfortable for any of us to imagine that child physical or sexual abuse takes place in our backyard, but it does.The Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center works as an advocate on behalf of the children and youth in our community who suffer from abuse each year.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND NEWS
Three Ways to Support Kids This Holiday Season
This holiday season, we have three easy ways we can all be
A Ray of Hope and a Voice for Children
#1: Host a Facebook Fundraiser
Be sure to “like” us on Facebook.
Then, you can host a holiday fundraiser for Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center of Catawba County.
- From your Facebook newsfeed, click “create” and select “Fundraiser.”
- Then, simply type in “Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center of Catawba” and Facebook will make a fundraising event for you. It’s just that easy.
- A goal to raise $300 in 30 days can go a long way to making an impact.
- Invite friends to join you and celebrate the holidays knowing you made a difference together!
You can host a fundraiser any time throughout the year to celebrate birthdays and special occasions.
#2: Shop on Cyber Monday (11/26) with AmazonSmile
Looking for a special gift for loved ones? If you shop on Amazon, set Children’s Advocacy Center of Catawba County
(aka Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center) as your designated charity.
It’s the same Amazon you know, but with a charitable donation built in.
- Shop Cyber Monday and make a difference. A portion of your purchase supports CAPC.
Click here to learn how.
- Then, keep the Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center as your designated charity year-round and make a difference with each purchase.
Make sure to shop at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-2671252
#3: Give on Giving Tuesday (11/27)
Did you know that nonprofits across the world participate in this day of giving? Let’s shine together for children and support Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center on Giving Tuesday.
- All day, you can give to us online, on Facebook, or via mailed check.
- No other day in the calendar year is as special: On this single day, you know that your gift is being combined with the powerful generosity of hundreds of donors just like you.
There is no better way to end 2018 than to ensure that children will
continue to receive the support they need in 2019.
Please choose one, two, or all three ways to support the
Children’s Advocacy and Protection Center this holiday season.
“This project was supported by sub-grant # PROJO10905 awarded by the North Carolina Governor’s Crime Commission. The opinions, findings, conclusions,
and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views
of the State of North Carolina or the U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.”