The CAPC offers an educational group that provides parents/caretakers the opportunity to:
• Meet together to gain information and understanding of the effects of child sexual abuse.
• Learn how to recognize the signs of abuse.
• Learn how to protect your children.
• Give and receive support from others with similar experiences.
• Share concerns and triumphs.
The HOPE Group is open to all caregivers of children who have been abused. The group meets every Tuesday evening for 6 weeks, for about an hour and a half. There is no cost to participants, and childcare, meals, and gas vouchers are provided for the non-offending parent/caretaker. For more information or to sign up for the next group, call the CAPC at (828) 465-9296.